Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The joy of cycling - Lundu





Driving out of Lundu town after seeing the Raflesia, the biggest flower in the world, I saw children riding on their bicycles.

It is quite a rare scene now.. It brought me back to my young days... from the fall-off-and-skin-the-knees experience to mastering the two wheels..

I enjoyed feeling the exhilarating freedom of moving on my own strength through the ups and downs of the country roads in my school days.

I loved the breezes on my face.

I loved the rain falling on my face on rainy days while the body was protected by rain coats.

I loved the miles cycling with friends.

The scene today made me feel so alive ...


I wonder if our dear Prime Minister will provide all school children on two wheels with helmets? He seems to enjoy cycling too!

No comments:

Post a Comment